Cat-on-the-net

Monday, May 24, 2010

Snippets from the hotel bar in Mombasa...

On my right side the two whales (from Manchester). He is talking : “Look at this. A real Maasai spear. Bought it after the dance. Its an original he said. 5600Kshs. A deal huh…. They plant those in front of the door when they visit. So people can see that house has a visitor. I tell you…totally different culture here”

On my left side the German couple (he is wearing the socks and sandals again J . She is talking to another lady (I translated…) : “Is your room also noisy ? When we use the fan and the airconditioning we cant hear TV…we complained but there is nothing they can do they say. Such bad service. ”

Before me the barman with a wide grin : “ Good evening sir. Having a nice time ? You are alone here ? The lady in the corner gave me this (he hands me a piece of paper). She says the man with her is just a friend. You can call her….”

No comments:

Post a Comment