Cat-on-the-net

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Taxpayers Money


It helps if we read about other people's challenges, struggles and misery. It makes us feel better. So , today, I fell better. In the past few weeks I have been aggravated by some of the issues at hand in my beloved Kenya. The ways in which politicians eat taxpayers money. The way they get away with it all the time. But here is a story that makes me feel better : the South African government spends 155 Million Kshs (15,5 Million South African Rand) a year on the presidents harem. His 5 wives and 20 kids. And it could be more as one of the wives committed suicide....here are some of the perks : if you are one of the 20 kids you are looked after financially until you are 27 and without a job. Who's in a hurry to work anyway ? As for the (fat) wives, they all have PA's , they all get allowances , refunds for travel and communication, laptops etc...all paid for by the state. I pity my South African brothers and sisters. This is what they fought for ? This kind of state leadership ? Now I am happy again I moved back to Nairobi....;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment